Souper Bowl Week! Yummy Chicken Soup
Countdown to Super Bowl Sunday is 6 days and counting! To many it’s about the Giants and the Patriots to me it means good food and spending time with my fave football fans. There is nothing better then a good bowl of soup on Super Bowl Sunday.
Last week my hubby and daughter were sick so I made chicken soup with what I had and it was awesome so here is the recipe:
– 1 fully cooked large chicken breast ( I used part of a rotisserie chicken)
– 2 quarts of organic chicken broth
– 2 stalks of celery chopped finely
– 2 carrots diced
– 1-2 tbsp of vegetable oil
-1 and 1/2 cups of broken thin spaghetti
1) Saute the vegetables in oil on medium heat for approximately 5-7 minutes till the celery is translucent
2) Add chicken broth, bring to a boil the n, turn the heat to low and let simmer for approximately a half hour or until veggies are tender
3) Add pasta and continue cooking for approximately 7-9 minutes or until pasta is al dente.