Chocolate chip caramel shortbread
This past Tuesday we had a potluck dinner with our Life Group from our church. We were gathering for a time of fellowship and food. My job was to bring dessert so I adapted my traditional shortbread recipe to be even more delicious!!!
Here it is
– 1/2 lb of butter softened
– 3 cups of flour
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1 egg yolk
– 1 cup of mini chocolate chips
-20 or so unwrapped bite size milky ways
1) In a large bowl, mix the first four ingredients, if dry and not coming together add a tablespoon of water till the dough comes together.
2) Add chocolate chips.
3) Shape a cookie into a thin flat circle place unwrapped milky way in the middle.
4) Take enough dough to cover the milky way
5) Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 15 min or until golden brown. Let cool before eating bc caramel will be hot!
6) Enjoy with a good cup of milk!!!